Change Default Search Provider in Internet Explorer
Many people are not accustomed to use Bing as the default search engine in internet explorer. Usually we can set the default search providers in the first time. there is a simple way I will demonstrate in this article.
Here I test the these steps in Internet explorer 11 in Windows 7.
1. Open your internet explorer, visit the Internet Explorer Gallery:
Search your new search provider, eg. google, Hulu, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Facebook, etc.
2. Internet explorer will take you to the Add-on Gallery. Screenshot shown this:
Click Add to Internet Explorer.
3. In the pop-up window, You may check the box labeled with Make this my default search provider if you prefer. Click Add.
4. Return to the internet explorer, and open any website as you prefered (if not, you can not see the Manage add-ons menu below, too frustrating).
5. Click the Down Arrow icon in the top-right corner of internet explorer, click Manage Add-ons in the pop-up menu.
3. Select Search Provider in the left side of Add-ons window. you will see Google is sleep.
5. Right click the Google and select Set as default, If you want to lock this change, just check the Prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search provider.
6. Congratulation for your completion.